NASA 944 SPEC Porsche 924S National Championship Winning Race Car For Sale - THIS RACECAR HAS BEEN SOLD !!!
Since 2015 this Porsche 924S Racing Car has won multiple NASA - National Autosport Racing Association National Titles - including the 2022 National Championship at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
This Porsche RaceCar for Sale has dozens of race wins, multiple track records and has always been a contender for a Racing Win on any given race weekend.
Currently running NASA, but eligible for PCA Porsche Club of America Racing and could be used for other options like Endurance Racing, World Racing League, ChampCar Endurance Series - etc..
This Porsche 924S has been a fantastic car, and its pedigree speaks to its preparation level.
I will be sad to see it go, but it’s time to place focus on other racing endeavors.
Additionally, the car will come with 3 sets of Toyo RR’s that all have 10 heat cycles or less (1 set has only the championship race)
So plenty of tires to get you through this season and well into next.
Replacing all 12 tires would cost you over 3k alone. (Willing to separate from deal if you don't want/need the Toyos Tires).
Unless noted, the following items listed as “NEW” have 4 race weekends or less since the rebuild:
· COMPLETE tear down and rebuild in Jan, 2022, by Jim Fluckey at German Auto in Phoenix, AZ. Jim has built many winning and legal 944 SPEC engines over the years.
· Genuine Porsche parts used throughout along with Victor Reinz gaskets, Geba water pump, turbo valve springs, all new belts, rollers, etc., including new oil pan, baffle, welded oil pickup, etc..
· New distributor cap and rotor.
· In short, this engine was thoroughly inspected, and completely redone with the right parts by an experienced 944 SPEC engine builder.
· Valvoline VR1 since day one.
· Multiple dyno sheets available and within spec every time.
· All sensors were replaced for the Oil Pressure, coolant, DME temp, etc.. Fuel injectors recently cleaned with new caps, o-rings, etc.. New FI pressure regulator.
· Engine mounts were replaced in 2020 and showed no issues when examined.
· Lindsey 2.5” racing exhaust with Magnaflow muffler
· Focus 9 944 SPEC legal DME
· NEW accelerator pedal
· NEW adjustable alternator bar
· Fuel tank flushed with new in-tank screen
· NEW fuel pump
· NEW fuel filter
· “New” used fuel rail in 2022.
· NEW Wizard 2-row all-aluminum racing radiator (considered by many as the best out there)
· NEW hoses
· Redline water wetter
· NEW Spal Electric Fan
· NEW, FULL Painless wiring set up.
· All wires were gutted from the car in January 2022 except the needed DME engine harness, and 100% OFC copper wires were installed for all connections.
· Multiple power blocks and Painless fuse box installed on passenger bulkhead for easy location and monitoring.
· Painless 8-switch box for ignition, cool suit, starter, alternator, etc..
· Installation was guided by two Painless experts in the 944 SPEC series, Michael Dearstyne and Tim Pruitt.
· New wiring saved over 20 lbs of wiring versus stock wiring and has been 100% reliable.
· ALL wiring sleeved and secured throughout car with HD fasteners and hi-temp braided wire wraps
· NEW Cartech Solid-state Kill Switch system with one external kill button and two interior buttons.
· NEW programmable Holley Tach with adjustable shift lights
· NEW AutoMeter fuel gauge
· NEW VDO Temp and oil pressure gauges
· NEW brake light switch and LED brake light bulbs
· DEKA lightweight AGM battery with new military-grade terminals
· COMPLETELY rebuilt, short 5th, Dimi Parmalov Flying Horse Motorsports transaxle with all new parts, new case, completely rebuilt LSD, turbo oil cooler housing with external filter and oil cooling line. · Millers Oil used and FRESH replacement in 2022.
· Transaxle is a few years old and has been bulletproof.
· Sachs clutch.
· Has several seasons on it and was checked and measured in 2022 when the engine was out.
· Measurement showed “as new”.
· New pilot bearings, clutch fork bearing and release bearing guide installed during rebuild.
· All legal 944 ONLY shifter parts
· NEW front lower steel control arms – fully boxed per rules.
· NEW front Bilstein Struts/Koni rear shocks (one race weekend)
· NEW Porsche camber bolts and strut mount bolts
· All legal replacement suspension bushings
· Weltmeister front and rear sway bars
· 30 mm hollow rear torsion bars
· #500 lb front springs (#350 and #375 springs also included).
· Racers Edge camber plates
· NEW front bearings, races and seals
· De-activated power steering rack
· NEW SEBRO front discs
· NEW Zimmerman rear discs
· NEW ATE Type 200 brake fluid flush
· Hawk Blue and DTC pads with spares.
· NEW tie rod assembly.
· NEW ball joints with 944 SPEC legal larger bolts
· LF non-hollow spindle
· NEW OMP WRC-R FIA seat with new OMP seat brackets
· Racequip 6-point FIA harness good through end of 2023
· NEW roll bar padding – SFI 45.1 high density
· NEW SFI Window Net
· OMP removable steering wheel
· Center driver net
· SPA Technique 4.0 Liter AFFF FIA fire system with multiple nozzles in driver area and engine bay. Re-certified 02/2022.
· F.A.S.T. Cool Suit system – 13 quart cooler with stainless steel mount and hose. Shirt not included.
· NEW Cartek solid-state kill switch with 2 interior buttons
· Custom roll cage
· NEW Five-star Racing polycarbonate windshield
· NEW Racing optics 2-layer tearoffs
· The body itself has no major damage. Lower “black” section is bedliner, which has proven to be very durable. The car has received minor contact over the years, and no major crashes or damage.
Wheels and Tires:
· 13 phone dial wheels
· 4 Toyo RR tires – ONE session on them (national championship race and being that it rained, they never got hot. So basically new.
· 4 Toyo RR’s – 5 heat cycles – plenty of life left
· 4 Toyo RR’s – 10 heat cycles – Still competitive
· 2 spare RR’s - usable
Spares: [ MANY ] [ NEW in boxes ]
· reference sensors
· ball joints
· oil cooler
· brake parts
· a spare DME
· spare Koni shocks
· several fenders
· control arms and many more, plus a few crates of used spares of all types.
In addition to the parts listed above
I will provide binders with:
· suspension set-ups
· repair info and whatever else I have.
Garmin Catalyst and mount not included in our listed price.
- - - - -
- - - - -
NASA 944 SPEC Porsche 924S National Championship Winning Race Car - HAS BEEN SOLD !!!